Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Me and Zeb Bell

morning java

I want to get something out here that was a comment on my show, this morning.

When it comes to illustrious and I mean that in a good way, Zeb Bell is a pioneer in area media. He has been an inspiration to me as a growing broadcaster for many years.

I first came to know Zeb at Kim Lee’ dads station KART in Jerome. I met Zeb doing a remote at one of the first Agri Action farm shows in Twin Falls when I dressed up as the Klix Clucker chicken.

Thing is I have the highest respect and admiration for Zeb, so anyone that says I have a dislike or anything of the sort for Zeb is just banging away at the jaw.

Now Do I expect Zeb to honor me with a phone call on my views of the Confederacy? No. Do I expect Zeb to play the Dixie anthem along side the Star Spangled Banner? No. Do I feel we differ on news and talk topics even ideologies? Yes. But Zeb is a great person and someone I like to call both a friend and fellow broadcaster.

Do I feel his progression in radio with Kim Lee on the basis of KBAR is thwarted ? Yes. Do I feel betrayed by Kim for killing the sale of KBAR to us at Confederate Star ? Yes. I think that the fact we were taking KBAR, changing it over to be a companion to KDXB FM to KDXB AM instead of KBAR, was a good thing. Did I plan on killing Zeb’s show there on? No, in fact had the sale went through, I would have let Zeb’s show run free. Instead of Zeb paying Kim to be on, Zeb could have run at no cost.

Did I think and still do, that the sale was thwarted due to many not understanding where we were going with the station? Yes. In fact I asked Kim to get all parties involved to discuss their thoughts on the matter.

Was the fact that Evening and overnight programming might have been a bit racy even spicy the reason the sale got burned, perhaps. I wanted the transition to be smooth, as silk. The fact that I wanted a male female host duo in studio , live all the time might have been a factor. The fact that we were interviewing possible for the female side was at my house a bit off? Perhaps, as at the time we were still in negotiations on the place (still are) where the station is to be housed. But that aside, I’d love to run Zeb’s show on KDXB during the afternoon hours, likewise expand the program to a TV show on Confederate Star TV, as I feel Zeb is a great patriot, spends thousands of dollars of his own money keeping it going, and even though he somehow got a bad taste in his mouth concerning me the club and our broadcasting visions I’d still like to invite Zeb to call, come by and visit.

The fact that he bought me a small lunch at JB’s in Burley in 2006, when I had just returned from Marine service, and was just getting things going in our direction then, might have been a factor. Sure at the time, my own money was tight and nearly none existent. I had a trustee in his 80’s trying to manage things, my regular Military pension had not completely kicked in , plus living in a house that was over priced in my view, that was costing me beyond my means yes. That might have had something to do with Zeb’s bad view of me, the club and all, but let me repeat, I have nothing but the highest respect for Zeb, and tune in every day, some times while I’m doing my own show.

So to the who that said this morning, that I have a hate for Zeb Bell, or that Zeb hates me, I invite you to call either show Wednesday, and air it out.

Back to my duties.

L8R Ya’ll

my blog sigHCCLOGO1

koa wings properAYREWOLVES MEGA LOGO

Out of Anarchy comes order-AyreWolf

NewKnytesREBEL TAIL 2